[openstack-dev] [puppet] creating a rubygems mirror for OpenStack

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 02:19:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

All Puppet OpenStack jobs (lint, syntax, unit and beaker) are quite
often affected by rubygems.org downtimes and make all jobs failing
randomly because it can't download some gems during the bootstrap.
This is something that really affect our CI and we would really
appreciate openstack-infra's help!

It came up on IRC we could use the existing Pypi mirror nodes to add
rubygems and have rubygems.openstack.org or something like this).

I created a story here: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000247

And a patch here in system-config with all Puppet code:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178026/

Thank you for your time,
--
Emilien Macchi