[openstack-dev] [Nova] Reviewers please watch the check-tempest-dsvm-cells job now

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 21:54:30 UTC 2015

Le 24/04/2015 23:19, Matt Riedemann a écrit :

> On 4/21/2015 2:00 PM, Andrew Laski wrote:
>> It's been a long road but due to the hard work of bauzas and melwitt the
>> cells Tempest check job should now be green for changes that don't break
>> cells.  The job has been red for a long time so it's likely that people
>> don't think about it much.  I would ask that until we can get the
>> confidence to make it voting please take notice when it's red and
>> investigate or bring it to the attention of one of us in
>> #openstack-nova.

> I opened a couple of new bugs today since I had a cells job failure in
> a change that wasn't related to cells (was just adding some debug
> logging somewhere else).
>
> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1448316
>
> That looks like a legit race failure in the cells job only.

As it is related to an instance destroy method in a negative patch, I
think it's related to the race condition we discovered and that Andrew
is trying to fix in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/177356/

More to investigate tho.

> 2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1448302
>
> This is more cosmetic than anything, it doesn't appear to be related
> to anything functionally breaking.  We should get the trace cleaned up
> though since it makes debugging the cells job failures harder.

Again, we need to check if all of that is not just due to the race
condition I said above.

-Sylvain