[openstack-dev] [oslo] eventlet 0.17.3 is now fully Python 3 compatible

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 07:27:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

> The part of keystoneclient that uses the memcached client was deprecated in Juno (as it was moved to the keystonemiddleware repo),

Oh, I was not aware of the keystonemiddleware project. I see that Nova uses it for example.

> so I think we can remove it now.

Do someone know if the middleware of keystoneclient is still used?

> You might want to patch it out  of your keystoneclient package if you know everything's using the auth_token middleware from keystonemiddleware.

What should we do with the following bug?

   "memcache tests are skipped on python 3"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+bug/1447731

I also wrote a patch for keystoneclient:

   "Enable test_auth_token_middleware() on Python 2"
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176778/

If the keystoneclient middleware is removed, we can simply close the bug and abandon the change.

Victor