[openstack-dev] [puppet] Moving forward with puppet-keystone CI (beaker tests)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 14:51:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

Some important work is being done on Keystone v3 API support in
puppet-keystone.
We've clearly seen there is a lack of review and I think we all worry
about breaking something.
Spencer & I are working on beaker tests lately and the jobs are
non-voting for now.

I propose:
* to review (and eventually merge) the beaker-tests patches [1] [2] for
Keystone & openstacklib.
* to patch project-config [3] to make vote Beaker jobs in Puppet
OpenStack gate for puppet-keystone & puppet-openstacklib. Why voting?
Because otherwise I'm not sure people will notice the failure and some
patches will be merged while beaker is red.

So we can have a good set of tests that will help us to detect some
issues in the future.
I don't think we will catch all mistakes we can do, but this is a good
start.

To vote this proposal, you can use the gerrit patches and let any feedback.

Thanks,

[1] puppet-keystone: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155873/
[2] puppet-openstacklib: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176098/
[3] project-config: https://review.openstack.org/176343