[openstack-dev] [nova] Required data migrations in Kilo, need Turbo Hipster tests updated

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Mon Apr 20 14:09:42 UTC 2015

This proposed patch requiring a data migration in Nova master is making
Turbo Hipster face plant - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/174480/

This is because we will require Kilo deployers to fully migrate their
flavor data from system_metadata to instance_extra before they upgrade
to the next release. They (and turbo hipster) will need to do this first:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/cmd/manage.py#L963

I'm not sure how you want to handle this, either by converting your data
sets, or only converting the ones that master runs.

It would be nice to merge this patch as soon as grenade is ready to do
so, as it's blocking all other db migrations in master.

Thanks!

--Dan