[openstack-dev] [nova] Required data migrations in Kilo, need Turbo Hipster tests updated

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Apr 21 06:52:39 UTC 2015

Hey, turbo hipster already knows how to upgrade major releases, so
adding this should be possible.

That said, I've been travelling all day so haven't had a chance to
look at this. If Josh doesn't beat me to it, I will take a look when I
get to my hotel tonight.

(We should also note that we can just merge a thing without turbo
hipster passing if we understand the reason for the test failure.
Sure, that breaks the rest of the turbo hipster runs, but we're not
100% blocked here.)

Michael

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:09 AM, Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote:
> This proposed patch requiring a data migration in Nova master is making
> Turbo Hipster face plant - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/174480/
>
> This is because we will require Kilo deployers to fully migrate their
> flavor data from system_metadata to instance_extra before they upgrade
> to the next release. They (and turbo hipster) will need to do this first:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/cmd/manage.py#L963
>
> I'm not sure how you want to handle this, either by converting your data
> sets, or only converting the ones that master runs.
>
> It would be nice to merge this patch as soon as grenade is ready to do
> so, as it's blocking all other db migrations in master.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Dan

Rackspace Australia