[openstack-dev] [oslo][pbr] getting 0.11 out the door. Maybe even 1.0

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 20 10:30:03 UTC 2015

On 20 April 2015 at 22:10, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:
>> If there's nothing majorly wrong mid-L, I'd like to release 1.0.0 just
>> to get us into 'ok its stable' mentality.
>
> I read that many packages modify the source code of libraries and applications to avoid a dependency to pbr at runtime. What's the status of this issue? Is pbr still used/required to get the version of a package a runtime?

I believe Redhat patch it out. I don't think they should need to,
since we have explicit knobs for distros to use.

There is a raised concern about performance from the keystone CLI
thread, but I've not seen any followup to confirm that it was indeed
testing an *installed* CLI, not one running out of git.

> I'm not sure that it's an issue in pbr itself. Maybe applications should be fixed instead.

I don't think its a bug in the applications.

Maybe someone from RedHat can file a bug on pbr describing what goes wrong?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist