[openstack-dev] [devstack] plugin: Giving ability for plugin repo to override tempest tests

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Apr 15 10:29:24 UTC 2015

On 04/15/2015 01:51 AM, Andrey M. Pavlov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have similar situation with our stackforge/ec2-api project.
> Patches in openstack repos can break our plugin.
> But I don't see any possibility until our project not in OpenStack repo.
> And I don't understand how plugins for tempest can help to us.
>
> My thoughts is only ec2-api gating jobs(this is implemented now in our
> gating):
> - make own tempest job with plugin definition and restrict tempest with
> regex
>
> but inserting regex in plugin can restrict to have several tempest jobs
> and not all gating job requires tempest
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrey.

I think the right approach is as Andrey describes, build a custom test
job appropriate for your system.

I'm not a huge fan of having plugins disable tests themselves because
it's not clear to the consumer that some part of your validation stack
was just disabled. I think that should be a separate specific decision
made by whoever is running those tests to turn a thing off.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net