[openstack-dev] [nova][ec2-api] Packaging of Release Candidate

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Apr 10 12:30:13 UTC 2015

Alexandre Levine wrote:
> The question is about packaging of the standalone EC2-API project which
> is supposed to replace the now deprecated EC2 in nova (resides in
> https://github.com/stackforge/ec2-api).
> We're pretty much done with the code for the Kilo. So we can cut the
> Release Candidate. Some people showed interest in getting packaged
> version of the project.
> So I wanted to ask which packages do you think we have to start with -
> pip, rpm, deb? Is there any standard way to do this for OpenStack? Any
> tools or how-tos?

We have tooling that will react to pushed tags and turn them into
tarballs (on tarballs.openstack.org) and/or Pypi uploads.

This is generally triggered by pypi-jobs and openstack-publish-jobs
defined in Jenkins and Zuul. I suggest you reach out to Infra members in
#openstack-infra so that they can help you past that hurdle.

You might also want to read more of:
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html

Regards,

--