[openstack-dev] [nova][ec2-api] Packaging of Release Candidate

Alexandre Levine alevine at cloudscaling.com
Fri Apr 10 12:16:48 UTC 2015

All,

The question is about packaging of the standalone EC2-API project which
is supposed to replace the now deprecated EC2 in nova (resides in
https://github.com/stackforge/ec2-api).
We're pretty much done with the code for the Kilo. So we can cut the
Release Candidate. Some people showed interest in getting packaged
version of the project.
So I wanted to ask which packages do you think we have to start with -
pip, rpm, deb? Is there any standard way to do this for OpenStack? Any
tools or how-tos?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
   Alex Levine