[openstack-dev] [all] Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 10 09:40:27 UTC 2015

On 04/10/2015 03:48 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Kyle Mestery wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com
>> <mailto:amotoki at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>     The planned new version is 2.4.0. It is because neutronclient uses
>>>     2.3.x version
>>>     for a long time (including Kilo) and we would like to have a room for
>>>     bug fixing for Juno release.
>>>     So we would like to propose the following for Kilo:
>>>
>>>       python-neutronclient >=2.4.0 <2.5.0
>>
>> Can we request a requirements FFE for the following patch [1]? [...]
>
> Unless 2.3.11 is totally unusable in Kilo (which I highly doubt since it
> was still in use in testing yesterday), I'd rather keep the requirements
> for kilo at:
>
> python-neutronclient >=2.3.11 <2.5.0
>
> That would still make 2.4.0 usable (and used), while not breaking those
> still on 2.3.11.
>
> Otherwise we force distros to package 2.4.0 in a hurry to support their
> Kilo offerings -- and some of them (think: Ubuntu) are in final stages
> of releasing.

The *entire* release has been tested with 2.3.11. The primary consumer
of this library is Nova, and as we've seen by the release testing so
far, there is nothing wrong with 2.3.11. There is no reason for this.

Also, this is pretty rampantly irresponsible at this point in the cycle
to release like this without having gotten an explicit OK from Thierry
first. This is an exception level event during freeze.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net