[openstack-dev] [all] Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:09:28 UTC 2015

> Kyle Mestery wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com
>> <mailto:amotoki at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>     The planned new version is 2.4.0. It is because neutronclient uses
>>>     2.3.x version
>>>     for a long time (including Kilo) and we would like to have a room for
>>>     bug fixing for Juno release.
>>>     So we would like to propose the following for Kilo:
>>>
>>>       python-neutronclient >=2.4.0 <2.5.0
>>
>> Can we request a requirements FFE for the following patch [1]? [...]
>
> Unless 2.3.11 is totally unusable in Kilo (which I highly doubt since it
> was still in use in testing yesterday), I'd rather keep the requirements
> for kilo at:
>
> python-neutronclient >=2.3.11 <2.5.0
>
> That would still make 2.4.0 usable (and used), while not breaking those
> still on 2.3.11.

Really sorry for bothering the thread at this moment.

2.3.11 is usable in Kilo for most features.
It sounds reasonable to make 2.4.x usable.

> python-neutronclient >=2.3.11 <2.5.0

The above requirements is fine.

As far as I checked all features can be used as python library.
2.4.0 is required for users who want to use CLI for the following features:
- Subnet pool
- VLAN transparency
- LBaaS v2 (with better bug fixes)
- FWaaS router insertion-