[openstack-dev] [all] Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:42:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> The question is, how should we proceed there ? This is new procedure, so
> I'm a bit unclear on the best way forward and would like to pick our
> collective brain. Should we just push requirements cap for all OpenStack
> libs and create stable branches from the last tagged release everywhere
> ? What about other libraries ? Should we push a cap there too ? Should
> we just ignore the whole thing for the Kilo release for all non-Oslo stuff
> ?

Provided that represents the code being used for testing at this point, and
I believe it does, this seems like a sensible default action.  Next cycle
we can make a bit more noise about when this default action will occur,
probably pick one of the other existing dates late in the cycle such as RC
or string freeze or whatever. (Maybe that already happened and I can't
remember?)

All other non-Oslo libs in the OpenStack world do not seem to be
> directly consumed by projects that have stable branches, and are
> therefore likely to not maintain stable branches. Please report any
> glaring omission there.

OSC is not used by any of the integrated release projects but due to its
dependencies on the other client libs and use in DevStack I would like to
follow the same process for it here.  The current 1.0.3 release is the one
that should be used for stable.

dt

--
Dean Troyer