[openstack-dev] [all] Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Apr 9 13:27:46 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Devananda van der Veen's message of 2015-04-08 14:37:26 +0000:
> Thierry,
>
> You left out python-ironicclient, which isn't a surprise as it isn't
> actually listed in Nova's requirements.txt file. I don't have a link handy
> to cite the previous discussions, but Nova felt that it was not appropriate
> to list a driver's dependency in their project's requirements file.
>
> As such, it is installed from pip in devstack/lib/ironic right now.
>
> I've tagged a 0.5.0 version two days ago, and plan a quick fix (0.5.1)
> today. I think it's reasonable for this library to be capped just like the
> other python-*clients, but I'm not sure how to express that, due to Nova
> not allowing this dependency in their requirements.txt file.

Caps are applied in the global requirements list and merged into
projects. If no projects explicitly list the dependency, we at least
configure the gate jobs properly and distro packagers have an indication
of which versions we mean to support. So, I recommend setting
ironicclient to:

    python-ironicclient>=0.2.1,<0.6.0

If the lower bound needs to be raised, we should go ahead and do that,
too.

Doug