[openstack-dev] [barbican] Utilizing the KMIP plugin

Farr, Kaitlin M. Kaitlin.Farr at jhuapl.edu
Mon Apr 6 14:44:23 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

I would be happy to help you with the trouble you've encountered using the
KMIP plugin. From what you've described, it sounds like you have everything
set up correctly. If you've specified kmip_plugin under
enabled_secret_store_plugins, then the reason it would give you
SecretStorePluginsNotConfigured is if it had encountered an error in the
KMIPSecretStore __init__ method. Just to be sure, the permissions of the file
that you specified under the "keyfile" config option are 400, correct? Are
there any other error messages earlier in the logs?

Feel free to pass along your barbican-api.conf (changing any proprietary
information, of course) if you'd like another set of eyes to look at it.

Thanks,

Kaitlin Farr
Software Engineer
JHU/APL