[openstack-dev] [barbican] Utilizing the KMIP plugin

Christopher N Solis cnsolis at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 3 20:03:10 UTC 2015

Hello!
I am having some trouble with the kmip_plugin and would like some help.

When I make a call to barbican to store a secret it returns the following
error:

2015-04-03 12:33:17,279 - barbican.api.controllers - ERROR - Secret
creation failure seen - please contact site administrator.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/swift/barbican/barbican/api/controllers/__init__.py", line
98, in handler
    return fn(inst, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/swift/barbican/barbican/api/controllers/__init__.py", line
84, in enforcer
    return fn(inst, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/swift/barbican/barbican/api/controllers/__init__.py", line
140, in content_types_enforcer
    return fn(inst, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/swift/barbican/barbican/api/controllers/secrets.py", line
294, in on_post
    transport_key_id=data.get('transport_key_id'))
  File "/home/swift/barbican/barbican/plugin/resources.py", line 101, in
store_secret
    key_spec=key_spec, plugin_name=plugin_name)
  File "/home/swift/barbican/barbican/plugin/interface/secret_store.py",
line 477, in _check_plugins_configured
    raise SecretStorePluginsNotConfigured()
SecretStorePluginsNotConfigured: No secret store plugins have been
configured

In the barbican-api.conf file I have set enabled_secretstore_plugins to
kmip_plugin.
I have also updated the kmip_plugin part of the file to point to the host
and port where my kmip Key Manager is running
with all the required credentials and ssl certs.
I also made sure the ssl requirements are set to permissions 400.

Is there something I am missing that is causing this problem?

Thank You!!

- Christopher Solis
Regards,

  CHRIS SOLIS

Software Developer - Cloud Infrastructure Services Security

   Phone: 1-512-286-6458 | Mobile:                                IBM
   1-210-844-5913
   E-mail: cnsolis at us.ibm.com                         11501 Burnet Rd
                                                Austin, TX 78758-3400
                                                        United States