[openstack-dev] Getting GERRIT error while submitting spec for liberty.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Apr 4 11:50:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-04 13:38:07 +0200 (+0200), Claudio Pupparo wrote:
> I had the same problem. I had first to manually add the remote:
> git remote add gerrit
> ssh://vikram.choudhary@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/neutron-specs.git
>
> then "git review -s" worked.

You misunderstand. That remote is what git review -s wants to add on
its own. If you manually added the remote yourself, then rerunning
git review -s is pointless as that command simply sees the remote it
wanted to add is already there and does nothing instead. Further
testing is required to find out _why_ git review -s fails its test
push when trying to add that remote on its own.

The answer to these sorts of questions is to _first_ point people
back at the documentation, because this problem almost always means
an account setup step was missed or performed incorrectly.
--
Jeremy Stanley