[openstack-dev] [NOVA] security group fails to attach to an instance if port-id is specified during boot.

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu Sep 25 23:30:05 UTC 2014

I think the expectation is that if a user is already interaction with Neutron to create ports then they should do the security group assignment in Neutron as well.

The trouble I see with supporting this way of assigning security groups is what should the correct behavior be if the user passes more than one port into the Nova boot command ?   In the case where Nova is creating the ports it kind of feels (just)  Ok to assign the security groups to all the ports.  In the case where the ports have already been created then it doesn’t feel right to me that Nova modifies them.