[openstack-dev] [neutron] [infra] Python 2.6 tests can't possibly be passing in neutron

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 18:39:18 UTC 2014

I'm in favor of killing Python 2.6 with fire.
Honestly, I think it's hurting code readability and productivity --

You have to constantly think about whether or not some feature that
the rest of the universe is already using is supported in Python 2.6
whenever you write code.

As for readability, things like 'contextlib.nested' can go away if we can
kill Python 2.6 (Python 2.7 supports nested context managers OOTB, in a much
more readable way).

Best Regards,
Solly