[openstack-dev] [Group-based Policy] Today's IRC meeting summary and renaming of resources

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 03:13:29 UTC 2014

Hi, For the past couple of weeks one of the agenda items on our weekly
IRC meetings [1][2] has been to finalize on resources'  naming
convention to avoid any conflict/confusion in the future. Based on
community feedback we had earlier agreed to rename Endpoints and
Endpoint Groups to Policy Targets and Policy Target Groups
respectively. Since then we have received additional feedback to
rename Contracts to Policy Rules Set, and Policy Labels to Policy
Tags. If there are no major objections, we will move forward with
these name changes.

For more information on these resources, please refer to the
Group-based Policy spec [3].

Please also note that current GBP development is continuing in the
StackForge repos [4].

Thanks,
~Sumit.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/networking_policy/2014/networking_policy.2014-09-25-18.02.log.html