[openstack-dev] [api] Cross-Project Liaison for the API Working Group

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:43:58 UTC 2014

On 11/14/2014 05:13 PM, Everett Toews wrote:
> The liaison should be a core reviewer for the project, but does not
> need to be the PTL. By default, the liaison will be the PTL.

Hi Everett!

Thanks for taking on this action item and following up this week. I'm
still on vacation (crappy wireless and all...) but I did have a quick
email back and forth with Eoghan about whether it's absolutely necessary
for the liaison to be a core team member. Personally, I don't think
there's anything wrong with a non-core team member taking responsibility
for being an API WG liaison. After all, it doesn't necessarily follow
that those who shepherd the source tree and reviews should necessarily
be the only pool from which to find API-focused individuals.

Anyway, the outcome of the email exchange with Eoghan was that I
recommended he submit a core for the API liaison to start, and that I
would raise the issue on the ML to see if those conditions may be
loosened to include non-cores. And... here is that issue being raised :)

Thoughts?

Best,
-jay