[openstack-dev] [api] Cross-Project Liaison for the API Working Group

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Nov 14 16:13:18 UTC 2014

Hello PTLs of Ceilometer, Heat, Horizon, and Trove,

The purpose of the API Working Group [1] is to propose, discuss, review, and advocate for API guidelines for all OpenStack Programs to follow. We’re seeking API subject matter experts and a cross-project liaison [2] for each project to communicate plans for API updates, review API guidelines with their project's view in mind, and review the API Working Group guidelines as they are drafted. The liaison should be familiar with the project's REST API design and future planning for changes to it.

The liaison should be a core reviewer for the project, but does not need to be the PTL.
By default, the liaison will be the PTL.
The liaison is the first line of contact for the API Working Group team members
The liaison may further delegate work to other subject matter experts
The liaison should be aware of and engaged in the API Working Group Communication channels

This was discussed at the Kilo design summit and we already had representatives from many of the other projects sign up. We would like to have liaisons from your projects as well.

Thanks,
Everett

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/API_Working_Group
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#API_Working_Group