[openstack-dev] [sahara] summit wrap-up: subprojects

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Thu May 29 11:57:17 UTC 2014

On 05/29/2014 07:23 AM, Alexander Ignatov wrote:
> On 28 May 2014, at 20:02, Sergey Lukjanov <slukjanov at mirantis.com> wrote:

>>> sahara-image-elements
>>
>> We're agreed that some common parts should be merged into the
>> diskimage-builder repo (like java support, ssh, etc.). The main issue
>> of keeping -image-elements separated is how to release them and
>> provide mapping sahara version - elements version. You can find
>> different options in etherpad [0], I'll write here about the option
>> that I think will work best for us.
>>
>> So, the idea is that sahara-image-elements is a bunch of scripts and
>> tools for building images for Sahara. It's high coupled with plugins's
>> code in Sahara, so, we need to align them good. Current default
>> decision is to keep aligned versioning like 2014.1 and etc. It'll be
>> discussed on the weekly irc team meeting May 29.
>
> I vote to keep sahara-image-elements as separate repo and release it
> as you Sergey propose. I see problems with sahara-ci when running all bunch
> of integration tests for checking image-elements and core sahara code
> on each patch sent to sahara repo in case of collapsed two repos.

this problem was raised during the design summit and i thought the
resolution was that the sahara-ci could be smart about which set of
itests it ran. for instance, a change in the elements would trigger
image rebuild, a change outside the elements would trigger service
itests. a change that covered both elements and the service could
trigger all tests.

is that still possible?

best,

matt