[openstack-dev] [sahara] summit wrap-up: subprojects

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Thu May 29 14:03:21 UTC 2014

Re sahara-image-elements we found a bunch of issues that we should
solve and that's why I think that keeping current releasing is still
the best option.

- we should test it better and depend on stable diskimage-builder version
The dib is now published to pypi, so, we could make
sahara-image-elements in dib-style and publish it to pypi in the same
style. It makes us able to add some sanity tests for images checking
and add gate jobs for running them (it could be done anyway, but this
approach with separated repo looks more consistent). Developing
sahara-image-elements as a pip-installable project we could add
diskimage-builder to the requirements.txt of it and manage it's
version, it'll provide us good flexibility - for example, we'll be
able to specify to use "latest release dib".
- all scripts and dib will not be installed with sahara (50/50)