[openstack-dev] [all] Hide CI comments in Gerrit

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Tue May 27 00:52:25 UTC 2014

On 5/26/2014 8:31 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 05/25/2014 05:23 AM, Radoslav Gerganov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a small userscript that allows you to hide CI comments in Gerrit. That way you can read only comments written by humans and hide everything else. I’ve been struggling for a long time to follow discussions on changes with many patch sets because of the CI noise. So I came up with this userscript:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/rgerganov/35382752557cb975354a
>>
>> It adds “Toggle CI” button at the bottom of the page that hides/shows CI comments. Right now it is configured for Nova CIs, as I contribute mostly there, but you can easily make it work for other projects as well. It supports both the “old” and “new” screens that we have.
>>
>> How to install on Chrome: open chrome://extensions and drag&drop the script there
>> How to install on Firefox: install Greasemonkey first and then open the script
>>
>> Known issues:
>>  - you may need to reload the page to get the new button
>>  - I tried to add the button somewhere close to the collapse/expand links but it didn’t work for some reason
>>
>> Hope you will find it useful. Any feedback is welcome :)
>
> Thanks! This is a great first step towards filtering all of this stuff out.
>
> We have the ability to add javascript and whatnot to the gerrit site
> html header:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/gerrit/GerritSiteHeader.html
>
> As a next step - why not take the Javascript you've got there and submit
> it as a patch to the file above? We can probably figure out a way to
> template the third party CI names ... but starting one step at a time is
> a great idea.

Here is the expanded list of CI names covering Nova and Neutron:

    // these are CIs for Nova and Neutron
    var ciNames = ["Jenkins",
                   "Arista Testing",
                   "Big Switch CI",
                   "Brocade CI",
                   "Cisco Neutron CI",
                   "Elastic Recheck",
                   "Embrane CI",
                   "Freescale CI",
                   "Huawei CI",
                   "Hyper-V CI",
                   "IBM Neutron Testing",
                   "IBM PowerKVM Testing",
                   "Mellanox External Testing",
                   "Metaplugin CI Test",
                   "Midokura CI Bot",
                   "NEC OpenStack CI",
                   "Neutron Ryu",
                   "Nuage CI",
                   "One Convergence CI",
                   "OpenDaylight Jenkins",
                   "PLUMgrid CI",
                   "Radware 3rd Party Testing",
                   "Red Hat CI",
                   "SmokeStack",
                   "VMware Mine Sweeper",
                   "XenServer CI",
                   "turbo-hipster",
                  ];

There is no consistency. It might help to ask/require the third party
names to contain a substring, like "CI Bot" for example.

I would also like to have a keyboard shortcut to toggle "hide/display"
of these CI Bot comments. It would also be nice to be able to hide the
CI Bots from the review table.