[openstack-dev] [all] Hide CI comments in Gerrit

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue May 27 00:31:12 UTC 2014

On 05/25/2014 05:23 AM, Radoslav Gerganov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a small userscript that allows you to hide CI comments in Gerrit. That way you can read only comments written by humans and hide everything else. I’ve been struggling for a long time to follow discussions on changes with many patch sets because of the CI noise. So I came up with this userscript:
>
> https://gist.github.com/rgerganov/35382752557cb975354a
>
> It adds “Toggle CI” button at the bottom of the page that hides/shows CI comments. Right now it is configured for Nova CIs, as I contribute mostly there, but you can easily make it work for other projects as well. It supports both the “old” and “new” screens that we have.
>
> How to install on Chrome: open chrome://extensions and drag&drop the script there
> How to install on Firefox: install Greasemonkey first and then open the script
>
> Known issues:
>  - you may need to reload the page to get the new button
>  - I tried to add the button somewhere close to the collapse/expand links but it didn’t work for some reason
>
> Hope you will find it useful. Any feedback is welcome :)

Thanks! This is a great first step towards filtering all of this stuff out.

We have the ability to add javascript and whatnot to the gerrit site
html header:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/gerrit/GerritSiteHeader.html

As a next step - why not take the Javascript you've got there and submit
it as a patch to the file above? We can probably figure out a way to
template the third party CI names ... but starting one step at a time is
a great idea.

Monty