[openstack-dev] [horizon] Selenium (which is non-free) is back again in Horizon (Icehouse Beta 3)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Mar 14 11:31:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

A few months ago, I raised the fact that Selenium *CANNOT* be a hard
test-requirements.txt build-dependency of Horizon, because it is
non-free (because of binaries like the browser plug-ins not being
build-able from source). So it was removed.

Now, on the new Icehouse beta 3, it's back again, and I get some unit
tests errors (see below).

Guys, could we stop having this kind of regressions, and make Selenium
tests not mandatory? They aren't runnable in Debian.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

ERROR: Failure: ImportError (No module named selenium)
  File "openstack_dashboard/test/integration_tests/helpers.py", line 17,
in <module>
    import selenium
ImportError: No module named selenium