[openstack-dev] [ironic workflow question]

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 14:06:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 21:51 +0800, 严超 wrote:
> Yes, but when you assign a "production" image to an ironic bare metal
> node. You should provide ramdisk_id and kernel_id.
What do you mean by "assign" here? Could you quote some documentation?
Instance image is "assigned" using --image argument to `nova boot`, k&r
are fetched from it's metadata.

Deploy k&r are currently taken from flavor provided by --flavor argument
(this will change eventually).
If you're using e.g. DevStack, you don't even touch deploy k&r, they're
bound to flavor "baremetal".

Please see quick start guide for hints on this:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/dev/dev-quickstart.html