[openstack-dev] [ironic workflow question]

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:53:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM, 严超 <yanchao727 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but when you assign a "production" image to an ironic bare metal node.
> You should provide ramdisk_id and kernel_id.
> Should the ramdisk_id and kernel_id be the same as deploy images (aka the
> first set of k+r) ?
> You didn't answer me if the two sets of r + k should be the same ?

The deploy kernel & ramdisk are created by diskimage-builder, and
contain a small "agent" used by Ironic when provisioning the node.

The user kernel & ramdisk must be separate. These should be the same
kernel & ramdisk contained in the user-specified image, eg. the image
you are requesting when issuing "nova boot --image $UUID".

-Devananda