[openstack-dev] Question about Nova BP.

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 18:11:58 UTC 2014

Including openstack-dev ML in response.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:14 AM, wingwj <wingwj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Mr Gordon,
>
> Firstly, sorry for my lately reply for this BP..
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/driver-for-huawei-fusioncompute
>
> Honestly speaking, we wrote the first FusionCompute Nova-driver on Folsom edition, and now it has been updated with Havana. We maintained by ourselves.
>
> Now I have a question about your suggestion in whiteboard of this BP:
> Is the CI environment a required term for this BP? Now Huawei is preparing the CI environment for Nova & Neutron.
> But due to the company's policy, it's not a easy thing to realize it rapidly. We'll try our best for it.

Yes, CI is a requirement for adding  a new driver, please see:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-July/011260.html
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix/DeprecationPlan

> So can we commit the codes, and prepare the CI at the same time?

That's a good question, I don't think that is feasible for Icehouse,
but as far as I know we haven't fully discussed how to introduce new
drivers now that we have the third party testing requirement.

An alternate option is to add FusionCompute support to libvirt, and
since nova already supports libvirt you will get nova support
automatically.