[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] ceilometer unit tests broke because of a nova patch

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 02:33:52 UTC 2014

While looking at gate failures trying to improve our classification
rate I stumbled across this:

http://logs.openstack.org/50/67850/5/gate/gate-ceilometer-python26/8fd55b6/console.html

It appears that ceilometer is pulling in the nova repo
(http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ceilometer/tree/test-requirements.txt#n8)
and running tests against non-contractual (private) APIs. This means
that nova will occasionally break ceilometer unit tests.

The nova patch that broke ceilometer is:

commit 4f1318585c38d55c097ee2e03b57b65157048a2f
Merge: 5798058 50c9055