[openstack-dev] [Nova] block live migration writes wrong libvirt.xml

Jae Sang Lee hyangii at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 02:25:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

The deadline for icehouse comes really quickly and I understand that there
are a lot of work todo, but I would like get your attention about live
migration bug targeted
for icehouse-3 and with a code already in review.

 - https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1271780

When block live migration, nova-compute make libvirt.xml in destination
host.
But if Vm is made by bootable volume like using HPSanISCSI driver,
libvirt.xml is missed
block device mapping information so libvirt.xml is always different between
source and destination.
It can be fixed easily by adding parameter for block device mapping in
post_live_migration_at_destination method.

Can you take a small amount of time to approve a bug for icehouse-3?