[openstack-dev] [TripleO] icehouse-1 test disk images setup

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 22:33:15 UTC 2014

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've updated these images based on
the icehouse-2 milestone.

I've updated the instructions with the new download links:
https://gist.github.com/slagle/981b279299e91ca91bd9

To reiterate, the point here is to give people an easier on ramp to
getting a tripleo setup. This is especially important as more
developers start to get involved with Tuskar in particular. There is
definitely a lot of value in going through the whole devtest process
yourself, but it can be a bit daunting initially, and since this
eliminates the image building step with pre-built images, I think
there's less that can go wrong.

Given Clint's earlier feedback, I could see working the seed vm back
into these steps and getting the config drive setup into incubator so
that everyone that goes through devtest doesn't have to have a custom
seed. Then giving folks the option to use prebuilt vm images vs
building from scratch. Also, given the pending patches around an all
in one Overcloud, we could work the seed back into this, and still be
at just 3 vm's.

Any other feedback welcome.

--
-- James Slagle