[openstack-dev] [Glance] Why do V2 APIs disallow updating locations?

David Koo kpublicmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 08:16:07 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I see that api.v2.images.ImagesController._do_replace_locations does not
allow replacing a set of locations with another set. Either the existing
set must be empty or the new set must be empty. The replace operation is
therefore just another implementation of add/delete.

So why not just throw an error if user tries to use the 'replace'
operation on locations (in other words not allow a 'replace' operation
for locations)?

The bigger question, though, is why don't we currently support the
replace operation on locations in the first place?

--
Koo