[openstack-dev] [gantt] Sync up patches

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 21:43:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Dugger, Donald D <donald.d.dugger at intel.com
> wrote:

> OK, it looks like the concensus is that we don't try and keep the gantt
> tree in sync with nova instead we:
>
> 1)  Get the current gantt tree to pass unit tests
> 2)  Get gantt to pass integration tests (e.g. get it working as the nova
> scheduler)
> 3)  Modify devstack to optionally use gantt
> 4)  Freeze scheduler changes to nova as we:

This should be covered the the standard feature freeze for Icehouse

>       a)  Extract all the changes that were needed to get gantt working
>       b)  Recreate the gantt tree from the current nova tree
>       c)  Apply all the patches from step 4.a
> 5)  Unfreeze scheduler work but now all work is targeted exclusively to
> the gantt tree

LGTM, although once we have a working gantt for Icehouse I think we should
have another round of discussion about deprecating nova-scheduler in favor
of gantt.  On I high level that is something I think we all support, but
the devil is in the details.