[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] Terminology Revival #1 - Roles
jcoufal at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 14:19:34 UTC 2014
when I was getting feedback on wireframes and we talked about Roles,
there were various objections and not much suggestions. I would love to
call for action and think a bit about the term for concept currently
known as Role (= Resource Category).
Role is a representation of a group of nodes, with specific behavior.
Each role contains (or will contain):
* one or more Node Profiles (which specify HW which is going in)
* association with image (which will be provisioned on new coming nodes)
* specific service settings
So far suggested terms:
* Role *
- short name - plus points
- quite overloaded term (user role, etc)
* Resource Category *
- pretty long (devs already shorten it - confusing)
- Heat specific term
* Resource Class *
- older term
Are there any other suggestions (ideally something short and accurate)?
Or do you prefer any of already suggested terms?
Any ideas are welcome - we are not very good in finding the best match
for this particular term.
More information about the OpenStack-dev