[openstack-dev] Can somebody help me to determine if an URL validation in python-glanceclient & horizon projects is safe

Victor Joel Morales Ruvalcaba chipahuac at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:43:45 UTC 2014

I'm implementing an URL validation that checks if the external location value provided exists and if it's reachable.  To achieve that I'm using the method urlopen of six.moves.urllib.request module which it seems similar like to the deprecated django's method of verify_exists.  I'm wondering if I can proceed with the current implementation or if there's a way to implement those validations

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64295/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64312/