[openstack-dev] [Nova] why don't we deal with "claims" when live migrating an instance?

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Fri Jan 17 05:41:52 UTC 2014

I noticed the BP has been approved, but I really want to understand more on the reason, can anyone provide me some hints?

In the BP, it states that "For resize, we need to confirm, as we want to give end user an opportunity to rollback". But why do we want to give user an opportunity to rollback to resize? And why that reason does not apply to cold migration and live migration?

Thanks
--jyh