[openstack-dev] [horizon] Augmenting openstack_dashboard settings and possible horizon bug

Timur Sufiev tsufiev at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 16 09:57:27 UTC 2014

Radomir,

it looks interesting indeed. I think Murano could use it in case several
additional parameters were added. I will submit a patch with my ideas a bit
later.

One thing that seemed tricky to me in your patchset is determining which
dashboard will actually be the default one, but I have yet no clue on how
it could be made simpler using pluggable architecture.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Radomir Dopieralski <openstack at sheep.art.pl
> wrote:

> On 15/01/14 15:30, Timur Sufiev wrote:
> > Recently I've decided to fix situation with Murano's dashboard and move
> > all Murano-specific django settings into a separate file (previously
> > they were appended to
> > /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/settings.py). But, as
> > I knew, /etc/openstack_dashboard/local_settings.py is for customization
> > by admins and is distro-specific also - so I couldn't use it for
> > Murano's dashboard customization.
>
> [snip]
>
> > 2. What is the sensible approach for customizing settings for some
> > Horizon's dashboard in that case?
>
> We recently added a way for dashboards to have (some) of their
> configuration provided in separate files, maybe that would be
> helpful for Murano?
>
> The patch is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56367/
>
> We can add more settings that can be changed, we just have to know what
> is needed.
>
> --
> Radomir Dopieralski

Timur Sufiev