[openstack-dev] [horizon] Augmenting openstack_dashboard settings and possible horizon bug

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Wed Jan 15 14:57:37 UTC 2014

On 15/01/14 15:30, Timur Sufiev wrote:
> Recently I've decided to fix situation with Murano's dashboard and move
> all Murano-specific django settings into a separate file (previously
> they were appended to
> /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/settings.py). But, as
> I knew, /etc/openstack_dashboard/local_settings.py is for customization
> by admins and is distro-specific also - so I couldn't use it for
> Murano's dashboard customization.

[snip]

> 2. What is the sensible approach for customizing settings for some
> Horizon's dashboard in that case?

We recently added a way for dashboards to have (some) of their
configuration provided in separate files, maybe that would be
helpful for Murano?

The patch is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56367/

We can add more settings that can be changed, we just have to know what
is needed.

--
Radomir Dopieralski