[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Building a new open source NFV system for Neutron

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 18:21:30 UTC 2014

Understood.  You should be able to make that work but the issue is
allocating your VM to some machine that has spare hardware - which is
really what the patches are about, Nova manages allocations and Neutron
manages using the hardware when appropriate.  From past experience with the
patch that was around back in the Essex timeframe, you can get this to work
temporarily by rejecting the schedule in nova-compute when the machine is
short of hardware and using a high schedule retry count, which will get you
somewhere but is obviously a bit sucky in the long run.
--
Ian.