[openstack-dev] [infra] javascript templating library choice for status pages

Greg Hill greg.hill at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jan 13 15:10:18 UTC 2014

If you're just using it for client-side templates, you should be able to treat it like any other js library (jquery, etc) without using npm (node's package manager) for installation.  Handlebars, for example, has a single downloadable js file that is available on their website:

http://builds.handlebarsjs.com.s3.amazonaws.com/handlebars-v1.3.0.js

I'm coming in to the conversation without a lot of context, though, so I might be missing some reason why that won't work.

As for the incremental approach to using one of the larger frameworks, templates definitely do seem like an incremental improvement that won't really hinder adoption of the larger framework, since most of them are pluggable to work with most of the major template engines last I checked.

Greg