[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Partially Shared Networks

Mathieu Rohon mathieu.rohon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 10:06:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

This is something that we potentially could implement during the
implementation of the isolated-network bp [1]
Basically, on an isolated network, an ARP responder will respond to
ARP request. For an L2 network which is totally isolated, ARP
responder will only respond to arp-request of the gateway, other
broadcast requests will be dropped (except for DHCP requests)

We could enhance this feature to populate the arp-responder so that if
tenant A and tenant B wants to be able to communicate on this shared
and isolated network, ARP responder for the VM of tenant A will be
populated with Mac address of VM of the Tenant B, and vice versa.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/isolated-network