[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Partially Shared Networks

Stephen Gran stephen.gran at theguardian.com
Mon Jan 13 10:23:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I don't think that's what's being asked for. Just that there be more
than the current check for '(isowner of network) or (shared)'

If the data point could be 'enabled for network' for a given tenant,
that would be more flexible.

Cheers,

On 13/01/14 10:06, Mathieu Rohon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is something that we potentially could implement during the
> implementation of the isolated-network bp [1]
> Basically, on an isolated network, an ARP responder will respond to
> ARP request. For an L2 network which is totally isolated, ARP
> responder will only respond to arp-request of the gateway, other
> broadcast requests will be dropped (except for DHCP requests)
>
> We could enhance this feature to populate the arp-responder so that if
> tenant A and tenant B wants to be able to communicate on this shared
> and isolated network, ARP responder for the VM of tenant A will be
> populated with Mac address of VM of the Tenant B, and vice versa.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/isolated-network
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 17:06 +0000, CARVER, PAUL wrote:
>>> If anyone is giving any thought to networks that are available to
>>> multiple tenants (controlled by a configurable list of tenants) but
>>> not visible to all tenants I’d like to hear about it.
>>>
>>> I’m especially thinking of scenarios where specific networks exist
>>> outside of OpenStack and have specific purposes and rules for who can
>>> deploy servers on them. We’d like to enable the use of OpenStack to
>>> deploy to these sorts of networks but we can’t do that with the
>>> current “shared or not shared” binary choice.
>>
>> Hi Paul :) Please see here:
>>
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org/msg07268.html
>>
>> for a similar discussion.
>>
>> best,
>> -jay

Stephen Gran
Senior Systems Integrator - theguardian.com
Visit theguardian.com

On your mobile, download the Guardian iPhone app theguardian.com/iphone and our iPad edition theguardian.com/iPad
Save up to 33% by subscribing to the Guardian and Observer - choose the papers you want and get full digital access.
Visit subscribe.theguardian.com

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited

A member of Guardian Media Group plc
Registered Office
PO Box 68164