[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] top gate bugs: a plea for help

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 22:53:36 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As you know the gate has been in particularly bad shape (gate queue over
100!) this week due to a number of factors. One factor is how many major
outstanding bugs we have in the gate.  Below is a list of the top 4 open
gate bugs.

Here are some fun facts about this list:
* All bugs have been open for over a month
* All are nova bugs
* These 4 bugs alone were hit 588 times which averages to 42 hits per day
(data is over two weeks)!

If we want the gate queue to drop and not have to continuously run 'recheck
bug x' we need to fix these bugs.  So I'm looking for volunteers to help
debug and fix these bugs.

best,
Joe

Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1253896 => message:"SSHTimeout:
Connection to the" AND message:"via SSH timed out." AND
filename:"console.html"
Filed: 2013-11-21
Title: Attempts to verify guests are running via SSH fails. SSH connection
to guest does not work.
Project: Status
  neutron: In Progress
  nova: Triaged
  tempest: Confirmed
Hits
  FAILURE: 243
Percentage of Gate Queue Job failures triggered by this bug
  gate-tempest-dsvm-postgres-full: 0.35%
  gate-grenade-dsvm: 0.68%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron: 0.39%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-isolated: 4.76%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-full: 0.19%

Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1254890
Fingerprint: message:"Details: Timed out waiting for thing" AND message:"to
become" AND  (message:"ACTIVE" OR message:"in-use" OR message:"available")
Filed: 2013-11-25
Title: "Timed out waiting for thing" causes tempest-dsvm-neutron-* failures
Project: Status
  neutron: Invalid
  nova: Triaged
  tempest: Confirmed
Hits
  FAILURE: 173
Percentage of Gate Queue Job failures triggered by this bug
  gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-isolated: 4.76%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-postgres-full: 0.35%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-large-ops: 0.68%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-large-ops: 0.70%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-full: 0.19%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-pg: 3.57%

Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1257626
Fingerprint: message:"nova.compute.manager Timeout: Timeout while waiting
on RPC response - topic: \"network\", RPC method:
\"allocate_for_instance\"" AND filename:"logs/screen-n-cpu.txt"
Filed: 2013-12-04
Title: Timeout while waiting on RPC response - topic: "network", RPC
method: "allocate_for_instance" info: "<unknown>"
Project: Status
  nova: Triaged
Hits
  FAILURE: 118
Percentage of Gate Queue Job failures triggered by this bug
  gate-tempest-dsvm-large-ops: 0.68%

Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1254872
Fingerprint: message:"libvirtError: Timed out during operation: cannot
acquire state change lock" AND filename:"logs/screen-n-cpu.txt"
Filed: 2013-11-25
Title: libvirtError: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state
change lock
Project: Status
  nova: Triaged
Hits
  FAILURE: 54
  SUCCESS: 3
Percentage of Gate Queue Job failures triggered by this bug
  gate-tempest-dsvm-postgres-full: 0.35%
  gate-tempest-dsvm-full: 0.19%

Generated with: elastic-recheck-success