[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Dynamic Meters in Ceilometer

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Jan 8 16:15:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 08 2014, Kodam, Vijayakumar (EXT-Tata Consultancy Ser - FI/Espoo) wrote:

> According to the latest update:
> User calls the API(1) to disable a meter along with a meter id.

What's an user? An end-user or an operator?
I don't think we want to allow a user to disable a meter. I don't see
the use case, and if you use a meter for billing, it's just a terrible
idea.

If you talk about operators, it's just a problem of managing a
configuration file that is not different than the rest of OpenStack. I
think Doug and Chmouel already answered that, and I sit on that line.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant