[openstack-dev] [requirements] - taskflow preventing sqla 0.8 upgrade

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Mon Jan 6 22:25:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM, James E. Blair <jeblair at openstack.org>wrote:

> Joshua Harlow <harlowja at yahoo-inc.com> writes:
>
> > It seems simple to have variations of venvs (or something similar)
> > that taskflow tox.ini can have that specify the different 0.7, 0.8,
> > 0.9, when sqlalchemy 1.0 comes out then this should become a nonissue
> > (hopefully). I will bug the infra folks to see what can be done here
> > (hopefully this is as simple as it sounds).
>
> It is.  See pecan for an example:
>

> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/projects.yaml#n1636

toxgen is another tool that might be useful for setting up your tests. It
tries to simplify creating a tox.ini with variations on different axes
(like changing versions of sqlalchemy but keeping all the other
dependencies the same).

There's source for toxgen at https://bitbucket.org/cdevienne/toxgen and
there's a copy in the WSME tree (I don't know if they're the same) with a
tox-tmpl.ini file to serve as an example.

Doug