[openstack-dev] [Nova] Newbie help around bug #1240197

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 11:23:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had posted a patch to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56820/ for
implementing https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1240197 and received a
review. I agree with the review that its a bad idea to change default
number of worker processes from 0 to CPU_COUNT, which my patch really does.

I couldn't use something like "ec2_workers=auto" because the worker
configurations are defined as-

cfg.IntOpt('ec2_workers',
               help='Number of workers for EC2 API service')

So, does it make sense changing these to StrOpt to detect the string "auto"
and whenever it is actually configured with a number, convert it to int and
use it?

Thanks!