[openstack-dev] [requirements] - taskflow preventing sqla 0.8 upgrade

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Sun Jan 5 16:47:19 UTC 2014

Agreed, we are going to expand it and work on figuring out how to test against multiple versions. It does work with 0.8 and it seems even like 0.9 works fine also. But all compatible also means I can't guarantee 0.10 (if it comes out) will work since afaik semver means sqlalchemy could still break things when it's  < 1.0. Anyone got a time machine I can use to check the future ;-)

It seems simple to have variations of venvs (or something similar) that taskflow tox.ini can have that specify the different 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, when sqlalchemy 1.0 comes out then this should become a nonissue (hopefully). I will bug the infra folks to see what can be done here (hopefully this is as simple as it sounds).

Sent from my really tiny device...