[openstack-dev] [nova] Turbo-hipster

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jan 2 22:03:19 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 04:29 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> Heh, I didn't know that wiki page existed. I've added an entry to the checklist.
>
> There's also some talk of adding some help text to the vote message
> turbo-hipster leaves in gerrit, but we haven't gotten around to doing
> that yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

So was there enough countable slowness earlier in the run that you could
have predicted these runs would be slower overall?

My experience looking at Tempest run data is there can be as much as an
+60% variance from fastest and slowest nodes (same instance type) within
the same cloud provider, which is the reason we've never tried to
performance gate on it.

However if there was some earlier benchmark that would let you realize
that the whole run was slow, so give it more of a buffer, that would
probably be useful.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague